yeah... the orchard over here in central/north area of NC is not cut til may
and is only around for a couple of months so I have to buy a bunch and store
it. My guys were raised on alfalfa (generally second cut) and I guess they
don't like the fescue because they pee on fescue hay. They will eat the
green fescue growing but not the hay...I have never fed bermuda but I buy 80
pound bails of timothy from a broker near me for 7.25 a bale and store it.
The broker has hay all the time so any of you North Carolinians who can';t
find hay out west it may be worth a drive out here to trailer back some hay.
There are 2 good dealers here one in Louisburg and one near Wake Forest. I
get alfalfa and timothy all winter long... heavy bales. And I just got a mix
of alfalfa/timothy (each bale is mixed) to store for the summer as needed.
it's worth paying a bit more for such nice heavy bales to me. Happy to give
info if anyone wants it.

Reply via email to