I finally said, "Look, you need to please stop. You are spooking the
> horses. Please stop!" "Please Please Please
I kept all your nice words in the above post b/c your story reminded
me of a run-in I had w/ a road biker (who came flying up behind us
probably doing 20-30 mph)--we had to ride about 50' along the road to
get to the other part of the trail. I'm afraid I wasn't so
charitable. I let out w/ "f****** jerk!" He stopped, turned around,
and confronted me (don't blame him), so I tried to make nice and
apologize for my mouth (which I let loose w/ b/c I was almost unseated
when Santana spooked, which he rarely does). The guy wouldn't have
any of it, insisted that he was not going too fast ("I was only going
about 30!" he told me) and then proceeded to cuss me out. So then we
got into a pretty nasty shouting match, which brought me right back to
"f****** jerk" again. Ah well. I find that, around here, mountain
bikers are a real nice bunch--they slow down, pull off to the side,
ask if they can pass, etc. It's the road bikers who seem to have a
really large ego.
Robyn