> Darn, no video!
>
> Here's the picture again, a little larger, with the legs marked.



I don't think it is a foxtrot exactly!  I am no expert, but Liz graves
said she thinks his conformation is such that probably the best he
will ever do gaitwise is a foxwalk.  And he does this fast prancey
walk a lot, then when gets tired will slow to a plain ordinary walk,
but when the other fast gaited horses really get going to a speed I
would say is 5 mph, then Tivar trots.  And I kinda feel he is not
capable of more speed at this easy gait he has.  Its like my Jaspar,
he does a wonderful smooth stepping pace but when others rack or walk
he has to bump up into either a hard pace or canter.  So speed limits
him.  And Tivar is about the same way but with the trot thing!  he has
the fast easy gait with action, then at around 4 mph has to trot.  And
while Jaspar's canter is very slow Tivars is very fast, not a
relaxed/relaxing gait you would do on the trail.  But yesterday i went
with fast gaiting horses down a long long hard clay road and Tivar was
very tired but wanted to keep up so I let him do what he wanted and he
did this smooth easy gait for about five minutes, then when they went
out of sight he got a little worried and wanted to catch up so would
trot, then when he saw them would go to a very slow ordinary walk,
then when we caught up they were doing what i would call a flat walk
and he went into this prancey walk.  I think it must be a foxwalk!
But its very nice!  I am proud of him!  Notice he is allowed a free
head to "reachhhh" as liz says :)
Janice
-- 
yipie tie yie yo

Reply via email to