Three weeks later she reappeared
> and had been sitting on something like 25 eggs on top of an alfalfa bale in
> the goat barn rafters.

Cute!! I just love her contented momma clucking! :)

Last weekend I found a meadowlark nest in the pasture--I almost
stepped on it, managed to find it again. There were 4 very newly
hatched babies and 1 egg. I fenced it off so the horses (or I)
wouldn't step on it, and I've been checking in every day since! There
are 5 very large babies in it now--they grow incredibley fast, so I'm
sure the mom has been working hard to feed them.  She had such a nice,
hidden place for them, w/ a little bower of grass over the top. I
added some extra grass stems to help shade them a bit better.
Hopefully it's shedding the rain right now!

Robyn

Reply via email to