>>>> If someone talks about sobreandando or corto or llano, I understand
what they are saying, and so does just about everyone on the gaitedhorse
list.  If they don't understand, they ask, and are willing to learn.  If
someone else comes back and refers to a sobreandando as "stepping pace",
pretty much all of us understand it's the same gait.  No one makes a big
stink about using the foreign versus the english term.

For me, concerning the Pasos, it's sort of the reverse situation.  I can
understand that paso llano is very similar to running walk (unless I've
gotten it mixed up again!) and that sobreandando is stepping pace - but the
problem for me is that they actually have a few MORE named gaits than I'm
capable of getting my head around just yet.  Now that I think I am finally
getting a handle on recognizing foxtrot, run walk rack, saddle rack and step
pace, MAYBE I'll try to master the Spanish gait names.  But it's never been
a matter of me not accepting that their named gaits are real, or quibbling
over the Spanish-versus-English names - it's just that I have to absorb all
this in a one-step-at-a-time manner.

If there were more Pasos close to me, I might make that my next gait
project...but Cary already commented on me being gait-obsessed the day I
noticed that I have a cat that paces.  (He had to agree - she really does
pace!)

Karen Thomas, NC
[EMAIL PROTECTED]




Reply via email to