--- In [email protected], "Karen Thomas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> 
> 
> I think Dawn brought up a good point.  I'd never heard 
the "stiffness" trait
> so strongly associated with pace until I got Icelandics.  How true 
is this?
> I guess my gut tells me that a lot of gaited horses get pacey when 
they are
> stiff (or sore, uncomfortable, whatever) but I also see some 
horses trot
> very stiffly - all breeds including Icelandics.  


I'm not sure of the "why", but thinking back, I can think of quite a 
few stiff Icelandics. I was told that horses who tend towards pace 
can get stiff, I'm not totally sure if it happens this way, or the 
other way around, maybe from riding style, tight saddles, etc. Maybe 
it depends on the situation.

I can think of a very pacey horse I was shown on video, pace at 
liberty, and he did look stiff, he was unbroken, unridden.

I don't know.

Kim

Reply via email to