On 7/7/07 12:32 PM, "Judy Ryder" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:


> It's a nice decoration; I'm just wondering if it could
> be a hindrance.
> 
> 
> Judy

My stallion S.C. Landi"s hair was very long. His tail would drag the ground
if I did not cut it to keep him from stepping on it; his mane reached over
his knees and his forelock went over his nose. I often wondered about his
ability to see but he did and when he ran the hair would go straight up and
out of his face. He was never bothered by flies in his face and never had
any eye infections (unlike some horses with shorter forelocks not protecting
their eyes. It seems to me that the decoration could very well serve to
protect the horse's eyes. I would observe the horse though and see if it
really does and if he is at all irritated by it. It would seem to me that if
he were irritated, he would shake his head or let his attendant know that it
bothered him.

Anneliese


Reply via email to