Well, not sure if you guys remember me saying my boyfriend, soon to be 
husband, is Australian and in the process of selling his place to move 
here...anyway, he shipped his favorite riding horse here to North Carolina 
and she arrived today! her name is Coolwater Kate. She is an absolutely 
GORGEOUS leopard appaloosa mare. He raised her mother and her. She is 6 now. 
Her mother died a few years ago and his other horse is too old for this trip 
so she is going to a good home of a friend and staying put.

The trip was long and HOT from Los Angeles to here. The plane ride from 
Australia to Los Angeles was a bit much I imagine too. She left freezing 
cold temps and got dropped into very hot weather but thank goodness today 
here is was breezy, and it rained most of the afternoon so she has been 
cooling down nicely. She is fiesty and upbeat and seems fine if a bit angry 
about the ordeal. I know she must miss her daddy very much! Everyone who 
took care of her during this trip was wonderful from the company who flew 
her, quarentine people, to the holding farm, to of course Terry of Majo 
Country transport. I have electrolytes in all of her water now and will give 
her some pro biotics tomorrow. She's been on a fairly bad diet and I'm 
hoping she relaxes and starts to shed tomorrow with the sunlight really on 
her. She has a winter coat and I'm not gonna try to shave her at this time 
but I will curry her and brush her as best as I can without stressing her 
out too much. Her dad (my boyfriend, Rod) drinks coffee with her every 
morning so I'm gonna try to get her to have a cup with me in the morning... 
she is SPOILED!!!!! and I can see already she is bratty! LOL!

I'll try to send some pictures to someone on this list who knows how to put 
them somewhere because she is a super nice looking appy. I don't even like 
appaloosas! LOL!



Reply via email to