>>> I went out for a climbing conditioning ride with grandson Gabriel this
morning and we saw two different foxes.  They were not particularly wary and
just moved off the trail a few feet then looked back over their shoulders at
us.  The fox population seems to be on the upswing.


I love foxes.  They are so pretty, and we've had a blast watching the family
raise their kits in the woods way behind the back pasture.  I've seen the
kits rolling and playing in the pasture while mom and dad (I assume - two
adults anyway) hunted mice or bugs, or something.    The horses were used to
them, and would graze near them.   They may be pests for some people, but
they never bothered anything here.


They were here for several years, then disappeared about a year ago.  Cary
came in, all happy one night about a month ago, saying the foxes are back.
We don't know why they left.


Then this week, I got a sick feeling and asked Cary if he'd actually SEEN
the foxes since they've been back.  He said, not this time, that he'd only
heard them.  Now, we wonder if the time they left was when the coyotes moved
in, and what we've heard recently has been coyotes, not foxes.  I wonder if
coyotes would kill foxes, or drive them away...?


Karen Thomas, NC




Reply via email to