That reminded me of my Stella who is now 24 with Cushings. Years ago I
would let some male friends ride her once in awhile that really did
not know about horses. When my back was turned for an instant one was
on the ground. He said she bucked him off. another time friends were
out in the pasture and a guy jumped on her bareback and without a
halter or bridle or asking me. I saw him later in the pasture lying
flat with his legs wailing around. I thought it was a seizure but when
I got here he was laughing and said Stella had bucked him off. These
were macho guys and I said good for Stella. Luckily no one was harmed.
She would take care of anyone I put on her but don't let someone try
and "cowboy" her. I have never seen her buck a day in her life but she
does think and have opinions about how things are done..

I had another Icey mare who always bucked a couple of times when we
started to canter. I suspect it was the saddle. Those were my ignorant
days about saddle fit.

Ann

Reply via email to