By Jeanne, of the BillsBook List:

It is near impossible to correlate a subject heading to a page in the 
book (True Horsemanship Through Feel:  http://tinyurl.com/3bcrlw ) 

After returning from the Wilderness Ride in Sweden I took great 
pleasure in seeing what I had highlighted during previous study 
sessions.

After applying practicum to the philosophy, "I was never going to get 
it all on my own. There isn't enough time." and "The important thing is 
learning how to feel of the horse, and then getting those horses 
responsive to your feel."

Here I was, being outfitted with the most appropriate horse possible 
after some informal discussion of where I am at in my journey. This 
horse and I had to get together right now if we were to make the best 
of what was shaping up to be one heck of a ride. I had to read him 
and ride him while understanding he had nothing but feel available to 
him, too. We did not know each other. It was so helpful going at it 
with an attitude of checking each others' basics. Did the horse trust 
me? did he understand from the moment I went to catch him that I was 
on his side? I believe he did. He was in the moment and there for me.

Page VI I had, a long time ago, highlighted "The horse needs to have 
the person feel real sure about how to present what is expected of 
him in a way that he can understand."  Gold, isn't it... I know I was 
very sure about what I was presenting to the horse that was selected 
for me. He told me in the way he would feel back to me that we would 
get along just fine. And we did. But as I make my way through the 
highlighted sections of the book and relate my Wilderness Ride to 
them I hope to capture for you (and for me) where things went wrong, 
where things got better, where the challenges came and how I was 
responsible for just about every mistake known to man. 

It's all about learning. And I learned a ton.

To be continued...

Jeanne

Reply via email to