> thinking "that's going so well" and the other half
> thinking there was going
> to be a huge wreck when she stepped over a line.

Yes, it could happen.  I feel pretty secure with her
temperment and working with lines.  We've done enough
practice with ropes to build up to this point of
confidence in her mental stability.  

 
> I have never driven a horse without a surcingle and
> no matter how many
> Icelandics I have a chance to ground drive, I
> probably never will.  

Not using the surcingle was an active choice.  I
wanted the session to be pretty free and easy and the
lines low.  Since she caught on to the "go from one
bucket to the other" pretty easily, it should be fine
next time.

Again, the lines don't bother her, but I may not do that with another horse!


>>>I don't
> have any way to get videos, but Tosca is driving
> over bridges, over and
> between poles and opening and closing the gait while
> being driven.  

Super!  Can you put the digital camera on video mode, on a fence, or
ladder, or table, or truck and just turn it on for a
few minutes to capture some of your work?

Judy

Reply via email to