I use to use the conventional way of pasturing my horses, with a dry
lot, now I have a track system, see pictures below, and I put the
horses out to pasture for a couple hours a day, I have found that my
horses are happier, they move more, so are in better shape physically
and mentally, since have lots of gravel, their hooves stay in MUCH
better shape too....

I did have to go back to two herds as Duke and Jewel, My dominant
geldings just could not keep from hurting each other.... so, now they
each have a companion I can switch up the tracks so they get some
variety... honestly, this is the best system, I have not read Jamie
Jackson's book but after hearing about his book, I went out and fenced
off the middle of all my turn outs and instantly had tracks... his
book is called Pasture Paradise

-- 
I and my horses love our track system, take a look~~~
http://picasaweb.google.com/dakota.charm/TrackForHorses

Reply via email to