I used the dry lot system and rotating pastures for YEARS, then last
fall, I heard about the Pasture Paradise... I tried it in one pen, I
was so impressed by the horses attitudes and body condition, that I
put tracks in all my pastures, I just used push in posts, with 2
strands of electric string, not sure what to call the yellow stuff, it
is not wire, but not tape either, anyway, we did dig under the
electric to keep them hot...

I have the traditional dry lots too... this way, my horses can move a
lot 24/7 and I can still use the traditional pasture too...

Honestly, it has worked out so well, that I tell everyone cause I
believe in this so much... I remember seeing animals at the zoo in
little cages, they would pace and weave, chew and look unhappy... my
horses were not that bad, but when the zoo animals were put into
enclosures that stimulated them, they were instantly happier, I
noticed that in my horses, they were instantly happier... I thought
they were happy all along... boy, was I wrong...

the Track system is Easy to do... if you want more info, buy Jamie
Jackson's book, or ask me questions, I have not read his book, it is
on the wish list...

This method is so new, but the results are huge... my smallest pen is
100 by 70 with a 50ish foot oval in it, so the tracks are narrow on
that one, maybe 10 feet on one side, and 15 on the other... for 4 it
gets tight, but they learn to go single file on that one side, for 2
horses it is perfect...

my other two tracks have wider areas as well as a couple narrow areas,
apparently it helps them move faster when you vary the width, I did it
to keep the horses away from some things, like an apple tree and some
berry tree that they were chomping on, I need to cut that one down...

Debbie, you can see the track I have here

-- 
I and my horses love our track system, take a look~~~
http://picasaweb.google.com/dakota.charm/TrackForHorses

Reply via email to