>>> Karen, next time I'm down there please help me remember to look at
that - it sounds ingenious.


Yeah, that's it!  I'm ingenious...not lazy!!!


I got the battery-operated timers at Lowe's (garden center area) for maybe
$15-20 each.  You can set the interval and the duration - I set this one,
for container plants, for once a day, for thirty minutes, and it literally
just drips, all the water going directly into the flowerpots.  The batteries
(AA's I think) last for at least one season, maybe more. I think I paid less
than $20 for the drip watering system (tubes and connectors), at Lowe's or
Home Depot.  I've re-used this setup for maybe 7 years, and it's still going
strong, so I think I've gotten my money's worth out of it. I LOVE having
flowers and a few herbs on my deck, but previously always forgot to water
them, and they'd look scraggly or even die.  Once in a while, a drip tube
will clog, but not often.  I just watch for any wilting.  We leave these
unattended while we go on vacation, with no humans around to water.  I put a
little timed-release fertilizer in the pots when I plant, and redo the
fertilizer in mid-summer, when they stop looking so green and fresh.
Really, I'm lazy...


I have another for the front flowerbed (this year it was a weed bed?) that
triggers a normal sprinkler for about thirty minutes, once every four days.
I don't have to water it so often, since those are planted in the ground,
not in containers.


Karen
Karen Thomas
Wingate, NC



No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.15.22/1111 - Release Date: 11/5/2007
4:36 AM


Reply via email to