> While I was out shopping for Icelandics, I rode a horse at a large
> farm (lots of imports).  In order to get him to tolt, I was told to
> pull back and up on the reins - hard.  After some time doing that I
> told the owner that if it took that much effort to get a horse to tolt,
> then I wasn't ever going to ask it to tolt.  She got very, very angry
> and said that if I wan't going to tolt, then I should not be allowed to
> buy an Icelandic.  


> I also watched the horses tolting on their own in the field and
> thought that if they can do it without their heads cranked up out
> there, then they probably didn't need to have their heads cranked up
> under saddle, either.  



you seem to me a great gaited horse owner :)
Janice--
yipie tie yie yo

Reply via email to