>>> I wanted to come up with something new so I decided to click them for jumping; thought they might find that fun. But I wasn't sure how to drive them over that low jump the first few times. So I first jumped over myself and clicked while they watched. Kolur picked it up pretty quickly when I used my hand as a target and we jumped it together.
Sue, don't you have the Parelli Level 1 kit? Even for the people who don't chose to do the whole program (and I don't), the Seven Games is invaluable for teaching such basic ground control games as moving away from pressure, driving, backing, coming, and circling, in a safe and systematic way. I'm pretty sure that Circling Game and Driving Game are in the first four games they describe. The added benefit is that the games apply to the in-saddle work as well. >>> But the second time I tripped and fell flat on my face just as I clicked! Ok, I guess you see now why jumping right beside a horse is really pretty dangerous, so I'll spare you the safety lecture! :) Once you get the horse where they will circle on the line, getting them to jump a barrel or such is usually pretty bland...but you can get them to do it from a safe distance. Karen Thomas, NC No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.5.503 / Virus Database: 269.16.13/1165 - Release Date: 12/2/2007 8:34 PM
