On 12/4/07, Kaaren Jordan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi All:
> a lot is dependant on the rider biomechanics.
> I'm sure it is possible for those of you riding shorter/infrequent times on
> different horses,   with good rider balance to be ok, but those are a lot of
> variables.

 i have a problem in that area! !  When Teev trots fast or canters it
scares me because i feel "wobbly".  The saddle does not slip when we
are going, does not even slip when mounting now that I got a good
breast strap.  But I dont seem to be
able to ever feel "part of the horse" like I do with other treed
saddles.  I have never brought this up because i felt it would draw
criticism of the sensation or other treeless saddles and its not the
saddle, its ME.

I cant ever feel secure in a dressage saddle either because the
stirrups are too free moving.  I suspect it has something to do with
the way I use my feet in the stirrups when going?  but in my orthoflex
I just hold on with my legs and feel actually a part of the horse.
Teev is very very in tune with ME and whenever I get wobbly he
immediately drops back down into a walk.  I guess you could say he is
taking care of me but more likely "us" since my sudden lurching could
make him go off balance.  The other day when trotting fast and about
to canter and going up a slight long incline hill I stood in the
stirrups and grabbed mane like my CTR friend says to do, swayed a
little to the side and he immediately dropped into a walk, sensing I
was losing balance.

In my orthoflex on Jaspar he can canter up a hill and go around a
hairpin and i am part of him, stonewall too.  and in my bona allen
saddle too.  but in the sensation there is enough "give" and plushness
to it that i havent yet gotten the hang of balancing  at speed or with
sudden turns. altho the fixed stirrups are a huge improvement. Tivar
is not spooky so its ok, but Fox needs a wide tree and I would like to
ride him in the sensation but i am nervous when i do because he is
basically green and when I had my bad fall off stonewall it was in the
trail sensation. (he whirled)
Janice


-- 
yipie tie yie yo

Reply via email to