On Dec 9, 2007 6:33 AM, Karen Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ok, I didn't write the quote down exactly, but while watching the Parelli
> "Safe Ride" video, Pat said something I liked.  He said what he hoped to do
> with his program is help people "find the fascination" with whole subject of
> horse behavior, because when you "find the fascination, you lose the
> frustration."  Man, is that ever true...  I spent too much time in my early
> days with horses being frustrated, and I never thought then that I'd find
> working with young horses and rehabs/rescues/project horses so fascinating.
> Now, I have almost gotten to the point where I enjoy working with the
> "problem" horses as rewarding as riding - maybe more rewarding.
>

wow that is too cool Karen.  Our Traveller, my husbands horse, i bet
if you added up his hours training it would be less than 20 and he has
been under saddle almost 4 years.  He hadnt been ridden in almost 6
months and my husband insisted on riding him in the two block xmas
parade yesterday morning.  I honestly thought he'd be killed but he
wouldnt hear of riding any other horse.  At one point in the parade I
looked at Tivar's eyes as he looked at the crowds lining the route, at
the thickest part near the grandstands with the radio station
announcer blaring.  Tivars eye was hard, a look that was almost
bitter, like "I dont like this, "  like he has had a bad experience in
a crowd situation, maybe a horse show,  some arena thing maybe.  He
was well behaved but his eye told me he was very very hardened and
wary, not spooky, almost angry.  then i looked at Traveller, altho he
WAS a little spooky, and would jump when there was a loud sudden
backfiring of the shriners toy cars etc, he would look at the crowd
with just open obvious wonderment, just so soft  in the eye and
curious.  He is a horse that has known NO professional formal training
and my husband since day one, age 10 months has treated him like a
beloved special special child.  you cant take the horse out of him,
hes green and young and will spook but at his core he is like a baby
duck, just going through life like it is a beautiful journey.  I wish
every horse could know that!
Janice
-- 
yipie tie yie yo

Reply via email to