Hi

>>>I am not sure how you spell that.  Ha Ha.  The bridle
that came with Dagur has a noseband or Cavasan.  It is
a snaffle bit.  Is it necessary to use the Cavasan?
 

A caveson is the name for a noseband that does up a couple of inches below
the horse's cheekbones and goes under, or is attached by the browband under
the headstall that holds the bit.  In different countries they have
different names for that type of noseband as with the dropped noseband.

>>>She said it kept his mouth closed or something like that.

That is why most people use nosebands and I think that is NOT a good reason
to use one but it is totally a personal choice about whether you use one or
not.  Try him without it and then with it and see what the difference is,
just be sure to do it on the same day to get a better comparison.  I don't
always use a noseband but think it gets way overdiscussed, as long as they
are not tight.   

 I find that using a complete bridle with browband and throatlatch is much
more hassle to fit because we use the same bridle for many different horses.
I also find that many browbands are too short for a broad forehead and press
into the horse's ears.


Robyn 


Icelandic Horse Farm 
Robyn Hood & Phil Pretty
Vernon BC Canada
www.icefarm.com



Reply via email to