Jane just announced this set of videos today. 
http://www.janesavoie.com/shop/a_happy_horse.htm  It's not cheap, but on a 
per-video cost, it's certainly not expensive either.  This looks like a big 
program.  I haven't seen them since they were just announced, but I thought 
the comments on this page are interesting to read.  I do know enough about 
Jane's teaching style that I have a good bit of respect for her.  I've long 
been a fan of her "Cross Train Your Horse" book and of her "Train with Jane" 
video sets.

Note that somewhere on this page, she says that many (most) of this program 
can be accomplished even using an older horse on restricted activity, since 
most of it can be done at at walk.   That's just fascinating to me.   It's 
always amazed me to see the "Icelandic" versions of pseudo-dressage promoted 
at "tolt", using some of the so-called "high-school" moves that most horses 
(of any breed)  really aren't built to do - Anyone else remember those silly 
pictures of Haldor Gisli Gudmanson (sp?) doing "levade"?  And there's always 
those dufus pictures of Jolli doing the redneck Big Lick Spanglish Walk on 
the cover of his video.

I'd bet that Jane Savoie's lessons here are the real deal.

Karen Thomas, NC


Reply via email to