>>> I don't know why but I sometimes make the mistake of renaming Andrew
Yost to Alexander Yost.  His name is Andrew.  Sorry.  Here is a link to his
website: http://www.svadilfarihorses.com/


I've never met Andrew, but I believe that just a few years ago he had some
partnership with Sindri Sigurdson, an Icelandcer "clinician" and former
competition rider.  (sp?)   I don't know if they are still in any sort of
partnership.  I saw Sindri and a cohort work with a mare at another farm for
45 minutes and at the end of that session, the sweet mare was terrorized.
It was one of the most primitive "training" sessions I've ever seen: two
buffoons totally ignoring the body language of that poor stressed mare, just
pushing her on and on...and apparently clueless what they were doing to her.
I have it on video, and a few people on the list have seen it.  I still feel
for that poor, confused mare.  If Andrew trains anything like Sindri, I'd
stay as far away from him as I could.   Hopefully, Andrew has learned better
now.  I'd certainly ask LOTS of questions...and I'd NEVER leave a horse for
training with someone who has at anytime in the past trained with that lack
of sensitivity and brute force - not if I couldn't drop in and check in
randomly about every day.  That sort of "training" MAY work for SOME
particularly easy-going horses, but there are too many rehabs falling out of
those kinds of training programs.   But for those easy-going horses, I look
at it another way - just think what they could achieve with good, gentle,
humane training...

Sorry to be blunt, but I probably should have named Sindri and Snorri Dal
(sp?) as the two clinicians who I saw back in 2003.  This isn't second hand.
I saw them in person, and actually rode in a "lesson" with them, thankfully
not on my own horse.  What a joke....and what an eye-opener.

Oh, before I went to that "clinic", I heard really good things about those
two.  Just proved one thing to me - don't believe everything you hear.  Even
the roughest trainers/riders apparently can find their groupies, especially
when the brutes are cute and know how to flash their dimples at old women.
GRRR.  I can't believe how naïve some people are.  Not directed at you,
Denise - as I said I don't know Andrew and maybe he's not like Sindri at
all, and maybe they aren't associated now.  But, I have to wonder about
anyone's judgment that would get into any sort of partnership with a
"trainer" like that.


Karen Thomas, NC




No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.20.5/1279 - Release Date: 2/14/2008
6:35 PM


Reply via email to