>>>A friend checked this out on Snopes.  Apparently it IS true though the
aligator is only (only...ha)  13 to 14 feet long.  I think I'm glad I have
cougars :).



One other slightly incorrect detail in that e-mail:  the gator wasn't in
Florida.  Nope, he was near the Georgia/SC border, near Savannah.    We used
to camp in that area regularly, and remember the pics I sent last year of us
slogging through the marsh trails on the trip where we rode on the beach...?
That area... We used to camp in that area a lot...in a tent...We don't have
gators in my neck of the woods (we're too far inland) but they are common in
the eastern parts of the southeast, along the coastline, in the swamps...

After hearing talk about cougars and seeing this gator, I think I won't
complain TOO loudly about the coyotes I've been hearing howl at night all
around us.  (I assume they howl during breeding season...?  Lovely, probably
more coyotes on the way...)


Karen Thomas, NC



No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.20.7/1283 - Release Date: 2/16/2008
2:16 PM


Reply via email to