>>> Kola has a very steep slope to the butt.  what would Liz say about 
>>> that?!  She seems a little longer in the back than Nasi I think!


Maja and Melnir are both built for foxtrot-to-running walk, and Kola has a 
nice flat walk in the pasture, so I'm thinking the apple didn't fall too far 
from either tree.  Melnir actually has a fairly short back.  I thought 
Maja's was a little long, but Liz disagreed.  Before I asked Liz, I asked my 
farrier about Maja's back being long.  He gave me an odd look and told me I 
was gettting too used to looking at short-backed horses, that Maja's back is 
fine.  :)  I do think she's going to have enough "saddle-real-estate" for a 
saddle for Cary - Liz thought so too.   She's his favorite mare, so I hope 
she's going to work well for him.

It really is a good thing to talk to people from other breeeds sometimes - 
our perspectives do get a little skewed sometimes.


Karen Thomas, NC


Reply via email to