On 04/03/2008, Anna Hopkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> While there is still much left to learn about the relationship of
> exercise to age and bone development, the studies to date are enough
> to confirm that it is humane to train and compete juvenile
> horses--provided you progress with common sense, wisdom, and good
> horsemanship.

Then no one has seen my new neighbour train the racehorses he gets in.
 What a brute.  AND the neighbour across the road who raises running
quarter horses now has him training his youngsters.  I'm assuming he's
seen what goes on so he must think it's okay...


> These types of studies where they set out to prove that it is "safe"
> really irk me.  You can take assumptions and make data fit to get your
> point.

Yup...I suspect someone from the race horse industry paid for the study...

I always suspect anyone tied too closely to an organization to produce
reports, etc.  You're not going to bite the hand that feeds you.

Wanda

Reply via email to