>>> I will let you guys steal it because i am so generous and benevolent....  
>>> can you find any GIANT indian mocs and a coon skin cap??  Then Isak could 
>>> be Isak Crockett


You used to be able to buy coonskin caps at any little souvenir stand in the NC 
Mountains, due to the Daniel Boone connection.  I haven't had a kid in a while, 
so I'm not up to date on what's available in the rip-offthe-tourist department 
any more, or how much they cost.  :)  


Emily's daycare provider was a brilliant woman.  When the kids would get into 
the mode of telling on each other for every tiny grievance, she'd say, "Ok now 
straighten up or someone is going to have to wear the Tattle Tail!"   It was a 
dire warning to the kids, and the tattling would immediately cease - who knows 
why?!!!   She could probably just as easily have made wearing the coonskin cap 
a treat, like, "Whoever cleans up their toys first gets to wear the Daniel 
Boone hat!"   and they probably would have thought wearing the same hat was a 
huge privilege.   I am NOT that patient or creative when dealing with kids - 
I'm MUCH better with animals!   One of the little boys said he HATED sloppy 
joes, so she never again served them.  Instead, she debuted a brand new lunch 
menu on certain days, to rave reviews.  They looked like sloppy joes, but they 
weren't.  They were "He-Man Burgers." 


Karen Thomas, NC



No virus found in this outgoing message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition. 
Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.21.5/1314 - Release Date: 3/5/2008 6:38 
PM
 

Reply via email to