>>http://iceryder.net/saddlefitting2.html

I finally got a chance to watch these videos. . . Wow. . . I felt 
compelled to write a kudos to Stan about them.  I hope those that are 
STILL using those narrow, pinching, too-long saddles will take 
notice.  Of course, Judy and this list as well as Robyn Hood have 
been protesting the often ill-fitting Icelandic saddles for years, 
but it's nice to see even more sources where people can learn about 
the issues with so many of these saddles.

Isn't it funny that so many saddles coming out of Iceland do not seem 
to fit very many Icelandic horses?   I've always thought that the 
only reason Iceland has gotten away with using such saddles is 
because they switch horses so often on a long ride, and their riding 
season is so short.   Of course, what Stan mentioned about when a 
horse is considered "old" in Iceland and when it is considered old in 
other countries is interesting to consider as well.   Again, another 
irony:  The breed that has the longest lived horse on record (in 
Denmark) does not have horses that live much beyond their mid-
twenties in their native land. . . .

Many of Stan's comments about this particular video series are 
thought-provoking.   

I always greatly admire those that will put themselves under the 
microscope in order to educate others.   

-- Renee M. in Michigan




Reply via email to