Sebagai tambahan utk thread yg lg rame hr ini..
HTC akan melakukan update via ota utk semua handsetnya utk mengatasi issue
ini.. Cekidot..

<http://phandroid.com/2011/10/04/htc-confirms-security-flaw-patch-is-on-the-way/htc-logo-8/>

A security flaw was found over the weekend specifically, in regards to HTC’s
software found in all their Android devices with their Sense UI. We posted
the news earlier today and HTC was quick to respond saying they would look
into it. True to their word, after taking a look at the data, they have
confirmed the security hole and will begin working with carriers to release
an OTA update to patch everything up. HTC issued this statement:

HTC takes claims related to the security of our products very seriously. In
our ongoing investigation into this recent claim, we have concluded that
while this HTC software itself does no harm to customers’ data, there is a
vulnerability that could potentially be exploited by a malicious third-party
application. A third party malware app exploiting this or any other
vulnerability would potentially be acting in violation of civil and criminal
laws. So far, we have not learned of any customers being affected in this
way and would like to prevent it by making sure all customers are aware of
this potential vulnerability.

HTC is working very diligently to quickly release a security update that
will resolve the issue on affected devices. Following a short testing period
by our carrier partners, the patch will be sent over-the-air to customers,
who will be notified to download and install it. We urge all users to
install the update promptly. During this time, as always, we strongly urge
customers to use caution when downloading, using, installing and updating
applications from untrusted sources.

The security flaw essentially makes it possible for a malicious app to gain
the private information HTC logs, like your coordinates, user account
information and system logs. If you thought HTC would drag their feet in
dealing with this potentially big issue — well you were wrong. Now we just
have to see how well carriers will work with the company in pushing out a
speedy update.

[Via
Engadget<http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/04/htc-confirms-security-hole-says-patch-is-incoming/>
]

Read full article at
http://phandroid.com/2011/10/04/htc-confirms-security-flaw-patch-is-on-the-way/

Sent from Mr.Incredible

--
"Indonesian Android Community"  Join: http://forum.android.or.id

===============
Join ID-ANDROID Developers
http://groups.google.com/group/id-android-dev
---------------------
Gunakan Paket Unlimited Data XL Mobile Broadband
http://www.xl.co.id/XLInternet/BroadbandInternet
--------------------
PING'S Mobile - Plaza Semanggi
E-mail: i...@pings-mobile.com Ph. 021-25536796