----
*Nvidia*
<http://www.gsmarena.com/nvidia_files_a_patent_lawsuit_against_samsung_and_qualcomm-news-9564.php>*
files a patent lawsuit against Samsung and Qualcomm*
<http://www.gsmarena.com/nvidia_files_a_patent_lawsuit_against_samsung_and_qualcomm-news-9564.php>
// *GSMArena.com*
<http://www.gsmarena.com/nvidia_files_a_patent_lawsuit_against_samsung_and_qualcomm-news-9564.php>*
- Latest articles*
<http://www.gsmarena.com/nvidia_files_a_patent_lawsuit_against_samsung_and_qualcomm-news-9564.php>

Nvidia has initiated patent lawsuit actions against Samsung and Qualcomm.
The issue lies in the GPUs used in Samsung's product, specifically the
Qualcomm Adreno, ARM Mali and Imagination PowerVR graphics architectures.
Nvidia has filed its patent infrigement complaints with both the US
International Trade Commisssion (ITC) and the US District Court in
Delaware. The company wants the ITC to block shipments of the Samsung
Galaxy smartphones and tablets utilizing the aforementioned GPU
architectures. Additionally, the GPU maker also insists the Delaware court
to award it damages for the patent infringement. Since 1993, Nvidia has
spent over $9 billion in research and development and states that its IP
strategy is to earn a return for its investment by patent licensing.
However, its negotiations with Samsung hit the rock. With Samsung, NVIDIA's
licensing team negotiated directly with Samsung on a patent portfolio
license. We had several meetings where we demonstrated how our patents
apply to all of their mobile devices and to all the graphics architectures
they use.We made no progress. Samsung repeatedly said that this was mostly
their suppliers' problem. The company says a total of seven patents are
infringed. This is the first time the Nvidia is initiating a patent lawsuit
in its 21 years of history. Interestingly, this isn't the first time a
company has come out to call Samsung out on not sticking with proper patent
licensing. Earlier in August, Microsoft attempted taking Samsung to court
for not paying its patent licensing fees on time. A fortnight later, a
report surfaced that the two companies have met to resolve their...

----

Shared via *my feedly reader* <http://feedly.com>

--
Berubah menjadi lebih terkendali bersama @kartuHalo Halo Fit Hybrid