This bug disabled cut and copy (but not paste) on context menus in releases since about February. It was due to a bug in a patch for right-click behavior. It should not have been released in that state. I apologize.

It has been fixed in repository for all current versions (3.7 to the future 3.10). The fix will be in all future releases. Note that one must click within the selection to have cut and copy active.