On 11/1/2021 5:53 AM, Prajwal Nandeesha via IDLE-dev wrote:

I recently downloaded python on my M1 MacBook Air. When I finish writing my programme on IDLE I try to save it. When I click to save it, I get a pop up window from Mac saying that save file operation failed. I have attached an image for your reference.

Apple changed something in Monterey that broke tcl/tk and the tcl/tk devs and the Python macOS devsare working to catch up. All tkinter apps have this problem.
See https://bugs.python.org/issue44828
and the screenshots attached there.

Could you please let me know how to resolve this issue.

According to the bug report, installing the latest 3.8 may work. Or revert to Big Sur?

In the future, please try searching the tracker for existing bug reports.

--
Terry Jan Reedy