All -

We've just received notification from the IETF's primary cloud facility and internet service provider that they will be conducting a four-hour maintenance window at their facility on Monday, December 7.

The maintenance window runs from midnight PST until 4AM PST (0800-1200 GMT) during which there might be a maximum one-hour service outage for the circuits which provide the IETF and the RFC-EDITOR with internet connectivity.

Their summary says, in part:

[We] will implement scheduled maintenance as part of a large scale project to
upgrade software on the IP platform. This maintenance activity is one of
several maintenances taking place across various locations in multiple regions.
The upgrade will mitigate existing defects in the current software version and
prevent future network outages.

Both the IETF and the RFC-EDITOR's systems will be impacted by this planned maintenance window.

(This is unrelated to the RFC-Editor maintenance window successfully completed yesterday: That was my team performing hardware upgrades on our own cloud infrastructure. This new window is our primary upstream provider upgrading the software on their network infrastructure.)

Thank you for your patience with this matter.

Glen
--
Glen Barney
IT Director