A reminder, and notification:

The jabber-zulip bridges and the IETF jabber service are being taken down now.

Robert Sparks

On 9/7/22 12:06 PM, Robert Sparks wrote:

After a series of trials used to gather feedback from the community, the IETF has switched from Jabber to Zulip as its chat service.

For the last few meetings we provided Jabber bridges from the jabber rooms used for each session to the related Zulip stream. Initially, this bridged MeetEcho chat into Zulip, but as of IETF 114, MeetEcho chat was built on Zulip, and the bridges carried the chat into Jabber. The bridges were kept in place for IETF 114, and will be for IETF 115. They will be removed at the end of that meeting. The Multi User Chat service at jabber.ietf.org will also be taken down at that time. The logs of the jabber rooms at [1] will be preserved at that location.

We are implementing the capture of the chat logs as meeting artifacts stored in the datatracker for each meeting starting with IETF 114. As noted in the Zulip implementation plan at [2] we are also investigating other mechanisms for making the Zulip chat logs available without login.

After the bridges are removed, it will become possible to explore Zulip’s topic organization structure more thoroughly during group meetings.

Robert Sparks

IETF Tools Project Manager

[1] https://jabber.ietf.org/jabber/logs/

[2] https://github.com/ietf-tools/service-plans/blob/main/zulip-service-plan.md