Steffen Nurpmeso wrote in
 <20230811213456.ha9td%stef...@sdaoden.eu>:
 |I would ask you to reconsider the problem with the "new" idea that
 |integrates with current implementations which do DKIM, like
 |milters (OpenDKIM) etc.  It was that:
 |DKIM is meant to be automated in between machines.
 |Today it pledges one side, the sender one, but with this, if we
 |throw in the american style we could call it "smart" or
 |"reflective" DKIM, the pledge is extended to be in between sender
 |and receiver.
 |
 |Since DKIM subsignatures are only created for those recipient
 |domains which announce their willingness to accept the "new" DKIM
 |via exposing a "domainkey-encrypt" in the DNS, whereas older
 |receiver domains continue to function as of today, the "new" DKIM
 |could define that DKIM subsignatures should (as in "MUST") be
 |filtered out before the verified message is delivered to the local
 |mailbox.

This also means that if such subsignatures actually do appear in
messages which fly around, the originator could loose reputation
due to its usage of a broken DKIM implementation, or false
announcements, or both, in an automated fashion.

--steffen