Presumably a last message of mine.
Without any personal insult meant i wanted to complain on the the
initial sentence

  Mailing-lists have long complicated email authentication.

And this echoes IETF documents written a decade and longer ago
(last week i looked on my local ones and i think as early as
2011).  This is the stance ever since.

And i always felt, and always said in public, that it is quite the
opposite.  It is not and has never been despite the repetitions
that mailing-lists break email authentication, but quite the
opposite, it is that the way that authentication was implemented
broke mailing-lists, which struggle ever since.

You are free to call that bullshit, but i call the above, given
all the struggle that so many mailing-lists face for more than
a decade, and increasing, insolent.  Like i did.
If the stance would change to something like saying that
"operational needs required a timely solution for authentication
that unfortunately degraded mailing-list operators" then that
would surely sound better.

Just to reiterate: the basic principle in use for email for so
many years, "[alias-]forwarding" (and even i have two for only
this account, CPAN and sourceforge, i am sure many active young
people which work at so-and-so-many projects, and whatever, have
much much more), as well as mailing-lists which tag subject lines,
and insert (headers and) footers, were forcefully neglected for,
in reflection, mysterious reasons, .. so i can tell *where* here
the bullshit is, and who produced it.

I would, if i could, strongly urge to place the burden on fixing
DKIM onto DKIM, so that only DKIM has to be implemented and used
everywhere (because, mind you, many do _nothing_ such, and only
try to get out of the way of IETF outcome, by removing subject
tags, footers, and whatever).  You gain a cryptographically
verifieable path from sender to receiver, and _finally_
mailing-list software is enabled to *do* anything to help
authentication.

Now i must admit that for copying out the above sentence, via
browser, i saw the word "Prior" and that reminded me of something
that Mr. Vesely said, and that, in turn, let me read some more
sentences of that draft.  Not more, i do not like ARC.  I think
the DKIM workout would work out (whatever other problems that
would entail), possibly with the addition that whitespace in the
base64 (encoding headers) shall be ignored so that lines can
easily be broken (seems to be a deficit in the standard that
artificial whitespace can be introduced, ie, RFC 5322); 'just
realized that since the nmh MUA had M-L [sic] traffic on that
issue (of overlong lines).  (I do not need to see my name on that
btw.  My approach is better :))

--steffen