On March 6, 2024 9:56:50 PM UTC, Steffen Nurpmeso <stef...@sdaoden.eu> wrote:
>--- Forwarded from Steffen Nurpmeso <stef...@sdaoden.eu> ---
>Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2024 22:49:48 +0100
>Author: Steffen Nurpmeso <stef...@sdaoden.eu>
>From: Steffen Nurpmeso <stef...@sdaoden.eu>
>Subject: Re: [pfx] Recommendation for dkim signing

>So now that i have DKIM myself i tested.
>And *no* verification software i can reach actually supports
>Ed25519-sha256 as of RFC 8463 from September 2018!

In addition to my dkimpy-milter, exam supports it and believe opendkim does as
well.  Their combined market share no doubt rounds to zero, but the software
does exist.

This isn't horrible.  The main reason for RFC 8463 was, in my view, as a hedge
for some discovery that suddenly made RSA obsolete, which hasn't happened yet.
From a standards perspective, it is there if needed.

Scott K