> Jon,
>
> Sorry to be finicky, but I don't recall any statement in the DKIM
> specification that matches or approximate that semantic for any aspect of
> DKIM, never mind l=.
>
> As for l= semantics, this is all of the relevant text, none of which is
> nearly as interesting as the interpretation you've invoked:

You are indeed being finicky, as well as correct. I wasn't talking about the
approved RFC, but the discussion around it.

Nonetheless, I think the essence of that discussion and my comments are
embodied in:
>> 8.2 <https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6376.html#section-8.2>.  Misuse of
>> Body Length Limits ("l=" Tag)
>>
>>    Use of the "l=" tag might allow display of fraudulent content without
>>    appropriate warning to end users.  The "l=" tag is intended for
>>    increasing signature robustness when sending to mailing lists that
>>    both modify their content and do not sign their modified messages.

And look at it -- l= is intended to increase robustness and strictness of
interpreting the message.

        Jon