As you probably recall, the focus of MARID was on LMAP solutions, SPF
namely.  The reputation proposals have the same problems we had here.
  It was never a surprise to see the same issues - a Reputation
protocol requires Batteries and a market we were not ready for.
DKIM's pins on the side are the same issues and reasons CSV/DNA went
nowhere.   We lost focus on securing author-domain operations
foremost.  The 3rd party should of been secondary , and if I recall
that was the original charter - see how to fit list systems in after
the fact.    Instead, it became a principle 3rd party anyone can sign
without restriction protocol and author domains lost all controls.

I find it difficult, yet interesting to see how DKIM can work well in
this mode.  It risk if not already, of become a high bandwidth mail
stamping protocol that serves very little purpose and without a doubt
absolutely no purpose in the world of anonymous mail transaction where
all the problems exist.    We don't have a real problem with known
transactions and we certainly don't need DKIM for that.

--
Hector Santos, CTO
http://www.santronics.com