This message came out a couple of weeks ago to all WG mailing lists, 
clarifying intellectual property rights and grants pertaining to statements 
relating to IETF activities.

Was it a response to some new or existing issue or situation? I'm just 
curious. At a guess, I would imagine that someone passed a private comment in 
a hallway that was later used by someone else in a public forum. I'm trying to 
parse the statement to understand where the emphasis should be: on the public 
nature of IETF activities, or on the private nature of personal conversations.

thanks in advance

-pl

>                               NOTE WELL
> 
> All statements related to the activities of the IETF and addressed to
> the IETF are subject to all provisions of Section 10 of RFC 2026, which
> grants to the IETF and its participants certain licenses and rights in
> such statements....


-- 

+-------------------------------------------------------------+
| Pete Loshin             http://www.loshin.com               |
| [EMAIL PROTECTED]         +1 781/646-6318                     |
+-------------------------------------------------------------+



Reply via email to