> I was wondering, and I have asked the firm where I
> work, if all web sites (commercial and otherwise)
> should "go dark" in memory of the victims today.

Heck, maybe the whold world should shut down for a week, just to show that
American casualties are _far_ more important than casualties in any other part
of the world.

Why don't Web sites go dark when people die elsewhere in the world?

> Is there any way of doing this, probably not,
> as most firms would not appreciate "going dark"
> (ie - put a static page expressing sorrow in
> place of their front page....)

I should hope that most firms are not that prone to hysteria, otherwise we are
all in serious trouble.