On 09/29/13 17:38, SM wrote:
There is a recommendation to develop an autonomous European cloud computing capacity. I gather that is to tackle issues related to jurisdiction. Would a person residing outside the EU enjoy the same protection in terms of privacy when the European cloud computing is used?

Yes that's the point, under EU (and ECHR) law protection is given to all (and their data), irrespective of nationality or wherever they are physically located (unlike US law - which is the main thrust of my critique of FISA and US law)

CB