Title: MPLS and Private Network
David Wang writes:

A company consists of 2 remotely separated sites, A and B. A leased T1 line connects the networks on these 2 sites together. We generally call the company's network a private network since the connection between the 2 sites are private leased line.

Now the service provider replace this leased T1 line with a 1.544 mbps MPLS LSP (Label Switched Path). Is this company's network still a private network? Is it still as secure as it was before ? why ?

We know that the MPLS LSP has gone through many LSR (Label Switch Router) and has been manipulated by the service providers. But the leased T1 line has been manipulated by the service providers too. The signal may be multiplex into DS3, OC-3, OC-12, OC-48, OC-192 then de-multiplex back to OC-48, OC-12, OC-3, DS3, DS1.

If the carrer backbone network is seggregated as before, the signalling or forwarding mechanism used in the
core network shouldn't make any difference to you. Security and throughput should remain same.

Cheers,

--brijesh