>> From: Jon Crowcroft <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>> its the 21st century:
>> f you dont use end2end crypto, then you  gotta expect people to optimize
>> their resources to give you the best service money can buy for the least
>> they have to spend.
> That's an interesting idea.  People might eventually finally start
> using end2end crpyto not for privacy or authnetication where they
> really care about either, but for performance and correctness, to
> defend against the ISP's who find it cheaper to give you the front
> page of last week's newspaper instead of today's.

and, since we're into exaggeration and hyperbole, i imagine you won't
complain about paying seven times as much for connectivity.

all these oh so brilliant folk on the anti-cacheing crusade should be
sentenced to live in a significantly less privileged country for a year,
where dialup ppp costs per megabyte of international traffic and an
engineer's salary is $100-200 per month.  we are spoiled brats.

randy