From: James P. Salsman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2000 11:08 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: mail sandbox wall authority, inward and outbound

> From: Jim Busse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 10:11:36 -0700
>
> I get 240 emails/day.
>
> about 15% have executable attachments, because that's the way developers
use
> mail, we attach self-expanding zip files.
>
> My organization has about 100 people that fall into this category.

First off, not only would you all save space if you stopped
exchanging self-extracting (executable) archives, but your
organization would be far less vulnerable.  Use the ordinary
zip files instead.

> I find it unacceptable that you are asking some console operator to
> 1.  Determine if my zip files are legitimate....

By "console operator", I mean you, the user, or whoever is
sitting at your keyboard when your mail is being read.

Cheers,
James