James;

> > As you could have seen, on IETF mailing list, Harald and I have, at
> > least, agreed that, if you use unicode based encoding, local context
> > (or locale) must be carried out of band
>
> Few will disagree (including me) that using Unicode to do localization is
> almost impossible without locale context.

Huh? No one said such a thing.

What is agreed is that, to use unicode, it must be supplied out of
band local context.

So, could you explain how the context is supplied with current IDN spec?

> But I am touching on a sensitive topic about what you considered as I18N &
> L10N and what the rest of the world thinks.

Totally irrelevant.

> > But, anyway, the discussion so far in IETF list is enough to deny IDN.
>
> I am not aware there was a IETF wide last call on IDN yet.

To deny IDN, IESG can simply say "IDN is disbanded". There is no last
call necessaruy.

> > I have found a theory to deny PKI and to explain why public key
> > cryptograpy is not so polular dispite the efforts of ISO, which will
> > destory entire business of a company or companies owing several
> > important TLDs.
>
> Very interesting. Could you share the theory, or privately if you prefer?

I will post it later if I have time.

                                                Masataka Ohta