Bill,

It's not the first time I notice that your messages on the IETF discussion list are
either not relevant for everybody, or not interesting for everybody, or not related to
IETF topics (I've just reviewed all your messages from the first one, dated 17 Oct
2001).

I mean, asking *basic* questions while you could find answers with simple web
searches, and while a [more than] basic knowledge is (should be?) a pre-requisite to
be part of an INTERNET ENGINEERING Task Force discussion, and so exposing your lack of
some basic knowledge, is not - IMHO - a respectful attitude vis-à-vis all other
contributors.

I also mean, starting strange debates (like about OSI), exchanging private mails
through this public list, giving your personal feeling and interpretation about some
topics, talking about proprietary products, etc. is not only off-topic : it's simply
sterile. Once again, while the majority of people here work (more or less) on the
technical improvement of IETF-related stuff - or simply exchange and confront ideas -
this sounds like a lack of respect for the other contributors.

I finally mean, this is neither an FAQ distribution list where people can ask any
possible basic question to some IETF guru's who like spending (wasting?) their time
repeating the same answers to the same questions, nor a newsgroup where anybody can
expose his own private opinions about any possible matter more or less related to the
Internet or data communication in general.

Of course, this is only my personal opinion (though I know it's similar to others')
and therefore I have to apologize. I must admit that I am close to consider you as a
simple abusing consumer whose contributions on this list do not bring any added value.
Basically, a troll.

I would be very pleased to notice in your next contributions that I am completely
wrong.

E.T.

P.S.: I still believe that THE INTERNET IS FOR EVERYONE.