% Tim writes:
%
% > But a year ago we didn't have Abilene, GEANT
% > or a large number of European NRENs offering
% > a native IPv6 service.
%
% A year ago, my parents weren't using IPv6, whereas today ... they still
% aren't using it.  When their connection is IPv6, I'll know that it has
% arrived.

        so, you expect your parents to adopt new technology before
        you do?

% > On the coal face, we can see real progress.
% Wait until the coal is producing power for your microwave before you
% celebrate.

        for many, this is true now. coal is the fuel used to
        generate much of the electrical power... unless, like
        some, they have a "Mr. Fusion"

% > If you want to keep running IPv4, with or without NAT,
% > feel free.
%
% That's exactly what people will do, until and unless they encounter a
% problem with IPv4 that can only be solved by IPv6.

        Your sweeping generalization does not ring true.

        However with a willing suspension of disbelief, this
        might be why the DoD has decided to adopt IPv6.
        It wants to do things that can't be done w/ IPv4.
        And the IETF should be excited that someone is actually
        considering adopting an IETF work product.

--bill