On donderdag, jul 17, 2003, at 14:24 Europe/Amsterdam, Keith Moore wrote:

] I would have a hard time taking an IP header bit and making it the "Do
] not drop this packet in the presense of a bit error somewhere in the
] frame from layer 2 - layer 3". Don't think it is a good idea.

I don't know where the bit comes from - there certainly aren't many bits left
in IPv4. It could be a new protocol number, but that's ugly in a different way.
(and dare I say it, it won't work through existing NATs)

Again: this seems like a perfect job for diffserv.