On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 11:51:57 -0500 (EST)
shogunx <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > Unfortunately, the driver for my Lucent card doesn't support this
> > command and I presume that it's not possible w/ the current firmware. As
> > someone already stated: though the card was quite good and stable at
> > past meetings, this time it was really annoying. Either the firmware
> > needs an update to take the new conditions (mixed environment w/ ad-hoc
> > nets) into account or I'll have to change the vendor.
>
> I'm pretty sure its not fireware thats tthe issue.  Make sure your kernel
> is patched with the latest version of wireless extensions, then compile
> wireless-tools calling includes from the patched kernel headers.

Though I'm able to do this (which may not be true for other linux users),
and, it really costs a lot of time to do it. I've done it several times at past
meetings, because the driver wasn't stable enough and crashed my kernel
several times. This time I contacted the author of the driver and he had no
idea how to override the firmware's handover decision, sorry.

Roland