Dan Kolis wrote:

Paypal
and micropayments have been horribly remiss in not developing adiquate
solutions to small payments.

Check out Peppercoin (http://www.peppercoin.com), which has developed a stochastic model based on aggregating a user's payments. They're getting some traction in the legal-download sector. One of their advantages is that they don't actually perform the transaction; they just provide the software that layers on top of the merchant's existing transaction software. So the merchant doesn't incur an ongoing cost, doesn't have their relationship with the bank disrupted, and doesn't have to worry about being stranded if the micropayment company goes out of business.

--
|John Stracke      |[EMAIL PROTECTED]                         |